Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Offering Leftovers

I just read something, and I wanted to share with all of you.

"For years I gave God leftovers and felt no shame. I simply took my eyes off Scripture and instead compared myself to others. The bones I threw at God had more meat on them than the bones others threw, so I figured I was doing fine."

Hosea 13:6 says, "When I fed them, they were satisfied; when they were satisfied, they became proud; then they forgot me."

Basically, I need to be more generous, not only with my money, but with my time. I need to make more time for God. I used to be proud of my 10-20 min. daily morning devotionals. But that's 10-20 mins. out of 1440 mins. (which is the number of mins. in a day.) A lot of the times, my attitude towards offering is that I assume God is pleased because I offered something. However, "God wants our best, deserves our best, and demands our best."

What really hit me was that God didn't just think "offering our leftovers" was bad, or He was just disappointed or something. "God described this practice as evil."

-Simon

No comments: