Monday, April 5, 2010

Never Judge a Book By Its Cover

Every time I walk to class either down Charles E. Young or Bruin Walk, I occasionally see this one dude riding a segway scooter thing. He's always riding that thing down the hill, and ALWAYS talking on a cellphone. I've seen him Fall and Winter quarter, and I still see him this quarter. Every time I saw that guy, I'd always judge him thinking "Wow, what a rich prick. He's so lazy. Why doesn't he just walk down like everyone else on campus!" etc. I know I know ya'll probably think I'm messed up, but you haven't heard anything yet.

So I'm walking on campus again, and I see this guy again before my class (this was like last week). "There he goes again.. thinking he's so cool on his segway." Suddenly, the guy gets off the segway, and he starts walking really strangely--sort've in like a swervy kind of motion. And then it occurred to me... he was handicapped.

Yeah. I felt pretty guilty. (and stupid.)

-Simon

No comments: