Thursday, September 23, 2010

Snap Out Of It

Ever since I came back from Korea, all I've been doing is reminiscing about how awesome it was and how much I wanted to go back and live there. For two months, I was surrounded by family, good food, a new culture, and new friends. Now what did I come back to? An empty, dirty apartment, no family, unhealthy food, familiar/boring culture, and same boring friends (hehe jk!). I think what I missed most was my family. It had been five years since the four of us were altogether. Coming to America alone was tough, but living alone while my other three family members lived together was even tougher. Especially with all the free time I had doing nothing but unpacking boxes and moving furniture, it only left room for reminiscing and wishful thinking. It didn't help that I lived all the way in LA where most of my friends live in Fullerton or Cerritos.

But it's different now. Joe has moved in. The apartment is clean (well... acceptable), and somewhat furnished. LA friends are back in the dorms or apartments. School has started. I'm beginning to snap out of the past, and starting to look forward to the next school year. I'm excited to see how God is going to stretch me this upcoming school year. I don't really know what the future holds, but all I gotta do is trust in the Lord because He never fails to provide. Things I'm concerned about is my future career, internships... or to better sum it up: post-undergrad. Will I still be in the States? Or will God call me to live with my family in Korea? Will my family even be able to come to America for my graduation? I have so many questions flooding my mind these days. But what can I do? I just need to lay them at His feet and trust that He'll take care of everything.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, I think I'm in a good place right now. I was struggling a bit a few weeks ago, but with the help of Tim Keller's sermons and a fruitful prayer life, I am in a better state now. Seriously, my prayers sound so much better when I'm struggling. Everyone needs a kick in the butt once in a while. I felt like my walk with God was put on hold when I was in Korea. I went to church every Sunday and everything, but my mind and heart wasn't there. It wasn't until I came back to America when I realized how alone and lost I felt without a healthy relationship with God.

Sorry for rambling. But thanks for reading.

-Simon

No comments: