Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Jans Steps

Every time I came to visit UCLA, I always came with Joe Chong and a 3rd person. Today, Joe Chong and Curtis came to visit UCLA, and it felt weird how I was one of the people they came to visit. I am a UCLA student! I was thinking, "interesting... so this is how UCLA people felt when Joe and I came to visit." It was just so strange.

Throughout the day, Curtis was complaining so much about how UCLA was better than UCSD in like everything. Whether it was the dining halls, the dorms, the girls, the campus, and even the trees, Curtis just couldn't get over how awesome UCLA was. It didn't really hit me though... until we got to Jans Steps. We walked up Jans Steps, sat down and enjoyed the beautiful view. The atmosphere got dimmer as the sun set, and the view only got more and more beautiful. It was then, when I truly felt proud to be a Bruin. And then I stepped back and looked at the bigger picture. The ultimate picture. More than just the beauty of the campus, I was moved by the beauty of the vast creation before me. It was then, when I truly felt proud to be a Christian.

-Simon

1 comment:

Michelle Park said...

Nice post.

UCLA is great. But UCSD ain't thaaaat bad....

eh