Thursday, September 3, 2009

Laziness!

I've probably rubbed it in many people's faces about how I have an awesome 4 month summer. Sure, I'm loving it. It is one of the chillest summers I've ever had in my life. It felt great coming back from Paraguay and still having 2 months left of summer. It felt great coming back from youth group retreat and still having a month of summer left. But while my human/flesh/worldly side is enjoying all of this, my spiritual side is aching right now.

I often wish school would start already, not because I want to study or anything, but because that is when my QT's are somewhat consistent. It's ironic how even though I have all this time during the summer that I rarely make time for God. Whereas when I have almost no time due to school and studying and working, that I make time for God in the mornings before all the chaos begins.

So I guess that's one way to answer the question: why does God allow suffering in this world? I am so content right now, I am so complacent with my walk, I am comfortable, life is great, and I feel like I don't need God anymore. Right when the sufferings, the hardships, the trials come in, that's when it brings us back to God in utter humility because we realize we are nothing without God and we can't do anything without Him. Haha, no wonder Apostle Paul was so faithful.

I know this is a deadly and scary request from God, and it makes my stomach churn just thinking about it. But I hope that God will cause me to suffer so that I can see and once again realize the magnitude of God's glory, grace, and power. Most likely I will experience it once I start school. Lookin' forward to it!

-Simon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you've had this blog since may?! i'm sad i only discovered it now, but glad that i was able to read such an encouraging and challenging post today. hope God sanctifies you greatly this year. go git em bruin!