Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Encouraged

Starting from finals weeks, I've been feeling a little discouraged. Mainly, I stressed so much about finals. I lacked trust in God. I was so worried that I would do terribly on my first quarter finals, and that I wouldn't feel "worthy" to be at UCLA (my original dream school). Even after finals, I still had this unsettling feeling. I suppose, this feeling of stress or being worried carried over to different problems I am facing such as the numerous uncertainties about my life/future. Once again, I lacked trust in God. And then I JUST read CK's blog. She quotes: "my anxiety is triggered not so much by a distrust in God as by an unwillingness to submit to and cheerfully accept His agenda for me". My pride has once again gotten in the way. I've also been reading up on Hebrews because it talks so much about perseverance and not forgetting salvation and Christ and all that good stuff. Seriously, it amazes me how much impact reading the Word and praying does on my life.

But today was a good day. I got to see CK, Michelle, and Arah again, met Eli Hwang, and hung out with good ol' Paraguay Team. I haven't had that much fun in a long time. Even though the majority of the day was eating and renting/watching movies at Michelle Park's, it just felt especially good to be with friends today. Then when I got home, I got a wonderful letter from a dear friend wishing me Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. It was pretty brief, but very warm and genuine. I don't know what it is. Something about letters that makes it feel much more personal and nice.

But yeah, to sum it all up, I was deeply encouraged. I was encouraged by Hebrews CH1-4, CK's blog post, friends, and a letter. Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

-Simon