Thursday, December 3, 2009

Looking Forward

I had a crazy realization the other night. I realized that I enjoy longing for the prize rather than getting the prize. Does that make sense? Like for example, now. It's dead week, and even though I'm studying like mad, I'm pretty content and happy just because I know that winter break is just around the corner. When I have something to look forward to, like a long break, it makes the tough days so much more endurable. I think I enjoy the craziness RIGHT before the nice relaxing break just because I know I have something great coming. And for some reason, usually the actual "prize" isn't even that great. There are days during a long break when you just feel so sluggish and unproductive... you just feel like crap you know? The "prize" is usually a disappointment.

(What I'm about to say in this next paragraph is something I JUST realized!) But as Christians, we should always be content and happy because we know that The Prize is just around the corner. Just like how dead week is so endurable because winter break is around the corner, we should live our lives with perseverance and joy because that Day will come when we'll be married to God. So keep longing for that Day!

Come Lord Jesus Come!

-Simon

1 comment:

Ricardo Chungo said...

AND YOU WON'T FEEL LIKE CRAP WHEN THAT DAY COMES!!!

Dud. Ah fil wet ja bi sein men. (I feel what you are saying My Dear Friendly.)

Waiting is fun. I think that's why I get high off studying. Cuz it's just intense bouts of waiting practically for you to finish your own work. :)

mebi (maybe.)