Sunday, March 28, 2010

March Birthdays

My brother turns 26 years old tomorrow. That blows my mind (can't imagine what's going on in his head). It's kind of interesting because since my brother has been in Korea for such a long time, (3 and 1/2 years now... right hyung?) my mental image of him is still the same as when he was in college. He graduated in '06 which is about four years ago, yet my whole concept of him is still the Phil Chung in senior in college. It's as if I grew up, yet time stood still for him (in my mind). It's weird how he's never seen me as a college student yet, or me with my glasses, etc. Because when I reflect back when I was a senior in high school (that's the last time I saw him), I feel like I changed SO much. So if I see him again this coming summer when I go to Korea, it'll be as if two strangers are meeting each other for the first time. We're both very different now.

Besides the point, he will always be the same. He still eats freaking well (even when the food tastes like crap), he still makes fun of me, he still sucks at chess :), and he will always continue to amaze me as I learn so much from him whether it be worldly or spiritually. God has blessed both me and my brother of our 21 and 26 years of our lives.. may we continue to look forward to what God has in store for us.

-Simon

1 comment:

Eric :) said...

LOL this reminded me of our conversation

HAHHAHAHAHAHHA